See Dougal and Peanut the hamsters at home in their cages in Derby (UK). Note that sometimes, there might be a different rodent there such as a guinea pig or a mouse.
You can see them (or at least their cages as they sleep a lot) between 8:00am and 11:00pm Bristish Summer Time in the summer or the same hours GMT in the winter.
(a.k.a.: RodentCam; MouseCam; GuineaCam.)
Is it working the way you expected?
If it is not, it could be one of the following:
click here to go to the iframe version
- No image:
- the server is off line (see time-of-day limits - also, I could be using it for something else); or
- that my ISP has changed my ip address (when I discover this, I will update the page so that it will work again)
- Image is black apart from writing:
- it is night time and the light is off or something is in front of the camera
- The image doesn't refresh:
- it could be that your browser doesn't support automatic refreshing so reload the page
- The time at the bottom doesn't change:
- it could be that: your ISP caches images and doesn't update them; or
- that Bubbles is having a privacy break; or
- he is having his cage cleaned; or
- the image capturing program is offline for some reason
- The time changes but there is no apparent movement:
- Bubbles could just be asleep.
- The picture seems full of "noise":
- The picture is most likely taken in low light levels - remember that artificial light is not as bright as sunlight.
- I don't seem to remember hamsters having pointy noses and long tails:
- The hamstercam also looks at Aphy the mouse sometimes and occasionally some guinea pigs.